This Regional Land Partnership funded project will develop and trial a single-audit multi-certification tool with leading viticulturists, orchardists & vegetable producers, and key industry stakeholders. Once developed, this tool can be utilised by farmers to demonstrate their sustainability credentials (environmental, social accountability, ethical, financial, food safety).
The project will:
- provide consumers with traceability back down the supply chain so that they can make more informed purchasing decisions,
- provide farmers with an opportunity to harness the purchasing power of consumers by identifying and responding to changing market signals,
- increase farmers motivation for adopting leading sustainability practices,
- allow farmers to benchmark adoption levels of sustainability practices, and
- investigate an appropriate platform or interface between farmers and consumers, for this tool.
Graham McAlpine: Sustainable Agriculture Program, Project Coordinator, Perth NRM
firstname.lastname@example.org, (08) 9374 3333
This project is supported by Perth NRM, through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.