Cnr Sandgate St and South Tce South Perth
Nature City Seminar is a new and exciting event designed to share information and reveal knowledge gaps about nature in urban areas in Western Australia.
Held over three days the event will expose you to new ideas about engaging with nature and encourages science-practice partnerships and cross-disciplinary collaboration.
The first two days (26 and 27 June) will be at the City of South Perth Community Hall and will consist of formal presentations.
The third day (28 June) includes field trips and workshops to further explore the main topics and enable the exchange of knowledge and ideas.
- Nature City Seminar Book of Abstracts (pdf)
- Nature City 2019 Introduction – Dr Lucy Commander (pdf)
- Designing Environmental Projects that support people (and people want to support) – Bonnie Beal Richardon, City of Mandurah (pdf)
- Looking to the past, present and future: Community contributions in caring for bush in the city – Julia Cullity, Urban Nature (pdf)
- Natural settlements: past, present and Future – John McBain, Australian City Farms and Community Gardens Network (pdf)
- Saving Urban Bushland, piece by piece, year after year, again and again – Christine Richardson, Urban Bushland Council (pdf)
- What is a water sensitive city? – Emma Yuen, CRC for Water Sensitive Cities (pdf)
|Susan Prescott, UWA
Director, ORIGINS PROJECT Telethon Kids Institute
Presidentt, inVIVO Planetary Health, USA
Paediatrician, Perth Children’s Hospital
|inVIVO Planetary Health||https://www.invivoplanet.com|
the topical collection on “The Emerging Concept of Planetary Health: Connecting People, Place, Purpose and Planet” invites case studies and local stories, philosophies or creative works
|WA Biodiversity Science Institute||www.wabsi.org.au|
|CSIRO Ecosystem Change Ecology team||www.ecosystemchangeecology.org|
|CRC Water Sensitive Cities||https://watersensitivecities.org.au/|
|DBCA Urban Nature||https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/urbannature|
|Urban Bushland Council||https://www.bushlandperth.org.au//|
|Juliana Pille Arnold||https://ecosystemchangeecology.org/people/|
|Health benefits from water centric liveable communities||https://www.wsaa.asn.au/news/new-paper-health-benefits-water-centric-liveable-communities|
|The Clean Air and Urban Landscapes Hub||https://nespurban.edu.au/|
|Threatened Species Recovery Hub||http://www.nespthreatenedspecies.edu.au/|