About Swan Canning River Recovery Stage Two
The Australian Government is providing support under the Improving Your Local Parks and Environment program to improve the water quality and habitats of the Swan Canning River systems.
The Swan Canning River Recovery Stage Two aims to eradicate the hydrocotyle weed, provide support for practical community environmental action and help people understand how their actions affect the river. Perth NRM manages the $1 million investment working in partnership with the local community to deliver environmental projects within the Swan Canning river area.
The Swan Canning River Recovery Stage Two will achieve the following outcomes:
- Local decision making relating to the development and implementation of the project through key stakeholders via a local steering group.
- Weed control and management in the Middle Canning estuary with a focus on controlling the weed, hydrocotyle.
- Greater community action in the recovery of the Swan-Canning River system within the Middle Swan estuary and Middle Canning estuary.
- Improved community awareness of the behavioural changes needed to reduce nutrient loads entering the Swan-Canning River system in the Middle Swan estuary and Middle Canning estuary.
Swan Canning River Recovery Stage Two – Grants
Perth NRM are offering grants to eligible community groups to deliver community based environmental projects. There are two streams on offer.
- Stream 1 – Small Projects valued between $8,000 – $20,000 (GST exclusive).
- Stream 2 – Large Projects valued between $40,000 – $150,000 (GST exclusive).
If you would like more information, please email Perth NRM at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on one of the links below.